The Troll Lord of Anghral and a hard lesson to learn..

New friendships have been formed and negotiations as we are building yet another city on Yssam called Mehatil. I heard that the plague had wiped out everyone on the entire continent and that all of the cities were burned to the ground. The sites were not always pretty that they found, but our future should be better.

I am still awaiting to join my comrades who keep in touch on the other side of the world but we have trade that can make it between long distances.

Right now I am more wrapped up with the Alfar of Nagast.

Thankfully, we have much more food but it is still not enough. Rats and huge spiders along with other creatures have been seen much more often, so at least that much is good. We have food that is rotting, and trash that can be treasure to some others. These things have given me hope because it is a sign of new life, and an abundance of food that we all need. Saving the good Dragons from Goblin behavior is something else to deal with still . .. and the Rats can be mean at times but there are some good ones that I like to feed.

I paid a visit to the "new" swamp queen.... she was also unwilling to stop attacking our people. Her fat I should have turned into some kind of soap to leave and a gift to wash off her people from her filth? Luckily there was ore to find this time....

Afterward, I could not ignore the amount of people given a hard time by the Goblins war. As far as I could see, Fae and I faced scouts and fights that had littered the countryside and we were summoned to help fight them off, with numbers against so many that would make any person tremble, but somehow I believe that it will not always be this way because we are growing in ways that some may consider unfair. They do not learn as fast as we seem to.

Even if the worst happens, we keep resurrecting and are gifted with magic that is able to withstand this harsh world more and more. We have uncovered many historical records of crafting strategies and have come up with some of our own flavors, such as the improvement of food.

People are harvesting everywhere and occupying something that was just recently something that may have been considered a ghost town.

We will grow, and the power that comes with that makes me more nervous. Not everyone is trustworthy with power, even our cousins and other kin some of us may find out.

I hope these negotiations in the works go well... but I am finding myself fearful of the stupidity surrounding me. People tend to do things without thinking of the consequences and some things may lead to other things that may turn out in an all out civil war among my own people. The warning signs are there.... perhaps this racial bonding outside of Alfar might turn against us after all?

All that I know is that I have turned to the Dark Side.... the side where I know that I will kill my own when it comes to protecting my own circle outside of just the Alfar race. I have found good and want to protect it... even if its a stinky Ork. I have met some that have proved their worth. That is more than I can say for some of my Alfar kin sleeping next door to me.

We had another secret meeting among the Alfar in the capital and I we made brew that was the healthiest and pretty much considered magical among us. Large pots of it that I was awarded from my stand against the Goblins. This will help keep me alive against any other foes we may encounter.

I was given the task to find a legendary Alfar fighter at the front of befriending the Mirdain and taking part in the changes that became an attempted alliance. Together we had come up with a plan while examining the mysterious keys that I had acquired from the Goblins. We had found that the Goblins have been working with the Trolls, but that came as no shock, but what we did not expect was that their past was tied in with each other more than we could know. They still kept in contact with each other and were transporting stolen good acquired from raiding our trade wagons, and apparently held a lot of their loot in an island floating in the sky. Mimicking our floating air ballons, they had the same, but only meant to transport the most ignorant and selfish race that we know of..... the Troll!

I had been given the task of retrieving stolen goods from the Trolls and Goblins by traveling to the island in the sky. Of course, we have our plan to end this madness and decided to bring 3 of these "M" keys as a gesture of peace. Typically they demand nothing less than Selentine ore to access their goods, but with just the keys we hope to accomplish more than just a trade.

When I had arrived, I had witnessed the negotiations fail miserably... much worse than the Goblins, they had not even considered getting along with us as equals. We had to act and a huge battle began. I traveled to their island in the sky and faced their dreaded Troll Lord. Luckily we had enough numbers and great Alfar that I was able to kill this Troll Lord and loot some of the treasures they had accumulated. Nicer weapons and some gold that may be handy since many Alfar still were driven by greed.

On my way back to Bel Melek, a group of almost a dozen Trolls suddenly ambushed me from the trees and I went down. My kin nearby took it upon themselves to pray that I was resurrected and guard my belongings for me.

After I had died and was resurrected, I immediately returned and thanked them for their kindness.

Near the end of the night I spent harvesting for my people.... when suddenly I was hit a few times before I had any chance to react. I was careless, and feeling too safe within close distance to my own kin that I had recently been fighting with. Unfortunately, not all Alfar are not on my side and I learned this the harsh way. As I bled out I wished for an opportunity to face this foe again on more fair grounds while expecting it, but all I could think of was his nickname the Juice Box Hero. Probably had earned that name somehow among his own and also was cocky enough to think that he was justified in raiding his own kind. Melek, forgive him.

When I resurrected so quickly, I knew that the new found dangers had not beaten my spirit. It was a wake up call to how I needed to tread more carefully in this harsh land... the warning were already there, I had just ignored them too long.

It is time to wake up to reality..... time to live in Agon as it is... a dangerous haven, at best.

As I went to the bank and went through my belongings, I saw a few suspicious Gentlemen near death enter the city. I eyed them warily as now I know that the times have changed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning of Fae Wolf... is never the end.. vegan fries anyone? My belt of Orion this year is fish and I had a few bites.

Biletooth the Goblin Highlord