The Larethain Dungeon

What path does Melek want me to take from here?

I know that I need to improve my skills and learn more magic to protect Fae as we try and uncover more about where we come from. For all we know, we are the last of the Alfar that descended from the clan of the Wolf. It is up to us, the few who know that the Wolf mother was truthful, to fix this infected land so that we no longer curse the other side of the world.

I heard word from an old friend about an opportunity to study the witchcraft of the Sarlids in the Larethain Dungeon. We went in and at the entrance someone had informed me of the failed attempt to communicate with them. He had asked me to try with a laugh as if it were a hopeless attempt.

We had to fight our way past some Undead in an old abandoned keep, and found our way deeper in, where huge spiders had spun webs everywhere. Remains of many victims lay scattered and we finally arrived where many Sarlids lived.

They refused to talk... and despite my best efforts, they closed in around us and we had to fight our way out. We went back to the entrance and discussed what we should do next and decided that it was time to wipe them out for what they had done. We did not want to slaughter them all, just the aggressors.. all 25 of them!

As I had finished, more had appeared and suddenly I found myself ambushed by a mixed race party out for our blood.

Betrayal!

We had been tricked and attacked while weakest.. with our pockets and bags full of Sarlid treasures.

We had lost all of it, outnumbered by enemies that were supposed to be on our side.

Things have changed in Agon... starting to remind me of the legends of old, where not only was the world split up with race vs race, but clan cities formed all over and many wars had ensued.

Our attempts at unity seem to have failed many of us.

I pray that Melek will grant me vengeance someday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning of Fae Wolf... is never the end.. vegan fries anyone? My belt of Orion this year is fish and I had a few bites.

Biletooth the Goblin Highlord

The Troll Lord of Anghral and a hard lesson to learn..